The International Coordination Office (ICO) for the Project Sub-seasonal to Seasonal Prediction Project (S2S) is hosted by the APEC Climate Center (APCC) of the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) in Busan, Republic of Korea, since 2021.
The primary function of the S2S-ICO is to provide support to the planning and implementation of S2S priorities, to ensure appropriate international coordination between the S2S participating WMO Members and collaboration with related WMO Programes and other international programes.
- The S2S ICO supports and coordinates planning and implementation of S2S activities.
- The S2S ICO provides scientific, technical and secretarial support to the S2S Steering Group.
- The S2S ICO assists in the cooperation between S2S and other relevant international programs and activities.
- The S2S ICO assists with organizing appropriate meetings, scientific workshops, training events, conferences and other activities relevant to S2S.
- The S2S ICO assists with reports, correspondence and publications.
- The S2S ICO manages the S2S website and project data base.